Privacy, Security and Cookies
- does not hold any personal data;
- uses anonymised analytics to determine user statistics (see below);
- asks consent for the above as required by European law;
- does not collect any personal information when you visit it (other than that stated above);
- doesn't sell anything so does not handle any financial information;
- provides data for information only;
- is not responsible for the content of third party sites to which it may link;
- is not responsible for the content of any third party sites that link to it;
- is compliant with the rules or regulations of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
For security, this site uses an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate so that all communications to and from it are securely encrypted.
In general Cookies fall into 4 categories:
- Essential: Those which are needed for the normal running of the web site. Disabling these is not an option as the site will not function without them. An example of this type are ones which handle shopping baskets or remember where the user is on more complex sites.
- Functional: Those which improve the functionality of the site but are not essential. An example of this may be remembering a particular setting such as the language in which the page is to be displayed.
- Analytical: Those which benefit the site's owners. An example is the analytical cookies that count and track visitors, see which pages are the most popular and determine the system capabilities of the user's device. The former help with determining what is popular and can help a site owner put more effort into the most popular sections of the site, the latter help in determining the best way to present information to the user (for example, is the audience primarily mobile or desktop). Knowing this information allows the site owner to adapt the site to the predominant type of user or, in some cases, to customise the display to the type of device detected.
- Advertising: Those to do with third-party advertisers whose adverts appear on the site. These are not listed below as we don't have any direct control over them. For Google adverts you can change your preferences on Google's site.
This web site uses the following cookies:
|__ckl||1||Remembers your cookie preferences.||Either until the browser is closed or 1 year if the remember box is ticked.|
|__dlmmenustate||1||Contains the latest state of the main menu.||Until the browser is closed.|
|__utmX||3||A suite of cookies used by Google Analytics (from __utma to __utmz).||Some are persistent whilst others have a short lifespan - see here for more information.|
You haven't accepted cookies yet.